If your email client is Eudora, here is a quick guide on how to set up Eudora to send and receive email for Windows
You will need to look through the information you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your host, and find out the following information. Once you have it, you are ready to set up Eudora.
- Your POP, or incoming mail server:
- Your SMTP, or outgoing mail server:
- Your Email Login name:
- Your Email address:
Now, get ready to setting up Eudora :
- Go to the Tools menu and select OPTIONS.
- In the Options window, you will see several icons on the left. Select GETTING STARTED (circled in red).
- In the REAL NAME field, type your name the way you would like people to see it when they get email from you. For example, John Doe.
- In the RETURN ADDRESS field, enter your email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the MAIL SERVER (INCOMING) field, enter the POP or mail server that was given to you by your Internet Service Provider. For example: pop-server.eudoramail.com.
- In the LOGIN NAME field, enter the login name given to you by your Internet Service Provider. For example: eudora-user.
- In the SMTP SERVER (OUTGOING) field, enter the SMTP or Outgoing mail server that was given to you by your Internet Service Provider. For example: smtp-sever.eudoramail.com.
- There should be a check in the ALLOW AUTHENTICATION field. Leave the check there. If you do not see a check in the box, click on the box with your mouse until a check appears.
- Click OK.
You have completed the basic setup, and should now be able to send and receive email in Eudora.